Thursday, September 22, 2011

A journey to Chile's most beautiful beach

There are a lot of possibilities to get to the mentioned most beautiful beach in Chile - the fastest one is by plane. Until the airport of Copiapó, then to Caldera and from there catching a special taxi with a fixed route called "colectivo" - it takes 10 minutes and you are there.


I decided to take the bus from Santiago. It took me more or less 12 hours. The company gave me a little snack for dinner and breakfast for a little bit more than US$ 20. The bus left Santiago at 21:00 and I arrived in the morning after having slept almost the whole time to Copiapó. 3 blocks from the bus terminal I went to the one from where you can take another bus to Caldera, which cost me around US$4 and took a little bit more than 1 hour. When I got to Caldera I took the "colectivo" and arrived 10 minutes later to "Bahía Inglesa". And there I was: In front of Chile's most beautiful beach. I have never seen a beach that amazing before in South America. The water is clear, quiet, and warm to have a perfect swim. And I have to mention that I went during winter time and low season.
"Bahía Inglesa" is also a small village depending a lot from turism, thats why prices are quite high and I recommend staying in a cab/bungalow, bring food, cash money (the closest ATM is in Caldera) and generally cook yourself something. Except of staying at the beach in "Bahía Inglesa" one can visit the national parks "Pan de Azúcar", "Nevado Tres Cruces" ,the beaches "Loreto","Virgen del Carmen" and the famous mine "San José". I dont recommend Copiapó - it's far too expensive for what you can visit, dirty and people dont know how to attend tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment